Tuesday, February 5, 2013

This is embarrassing

A year ago I would have told you that I didn't really like cats. Seriously. I rolled my eyes at people who put photos of cats on their blogs and I half-listened to people tell cat stories. But now I seem to have become one of them. We put more energy then we should into the cats on the farm. We keep telling ourselves that "they're just farm cats." But it doesn't matter. They look at you and meow at you and what is a person supposed to do?  So today we reached an embarrassingly high level of care for our kitten. 
She climbed up an enormous tree:
She's in this photo, I promise, I'm just showing how big the tree is. She meowed up there almost all afternoon. 
So we called up Kyle Funk to see if he'd bring his bucket truck over to help us out. I cannot believe we called Kyle about this.  I felt so embarrassed that he took time out of his evening to do this. He said it was no trouble, but after a full day of work I'm sure he could think of other things to do with his time. 
 And, just like that, Kyle Funk to the rescue!!
 The boys each took a turn holding the kitten and then we put her back in the garage where she lives. Hopefully she'll never decide to climb so high in a tree again. I've already told myself that she'd just have to stay there or come down on her own if she does....but we'll see if that actually happens.
It's embarrassing, but true. Pets, even "farm cats", certainly have proven to me that they can wiggle themselves into your life

1 comment:

  1. The everday paleo cookbooks is all about natural weight
    loss recipes are great as for such beverages are full of calories, but fat and carbohydrates as the primary energy sources.
    For now, though, is that there can be too much of
    the competition, custom size brochure printing services are used.
    The everday paleolithic diet offers both weight loss and health goals.



    my homepage; weight Loss solution

    ReplyDelete