Friday, February 22, 2013

Snow Days

"Look! Look! It's snowing, it's snowing!!" The boys, heck all four of us, were pretty excited to see it snowing....and snowing....and snowing!
Thursday was a snow day for all of us. We made the trek across the yard to my parent's house (and it literally was a trek - we had to walk backwards to avoid having our faces plastered with snow) and spent our time playing games.
 Card games, Quarkle, basketball and
games on the iPad.

 Then the snow finally stopped and the wind died down so we could go outside and play!
 At first Levi wasn't sure he wanted anything to do with sledding, but then he changed his mind.


 We had to shake snow out of their gloves several times, nothing worse than snow in your gloves!
 It was pretty cold but the boys did great outside, lasting much longer than I thought they would!

 We didn't get any substantial snow last year so this has been a huge winter treat for us.
 Unfortunately, these snow days haven't been quite as much fun for me. I've been working and re-working travel schedules for board/staff meetings at work for the past two days. It's been frustrating and stressful, but I'm still thankful for snow, even if I don't like its timing.

 It is beautiful. I love to see the world around me changed, appearing clean and fresh thanks to the magic of tiny little snowflakes. The moisture is good, the beauty is good, the change of pace is good, the memories we're making with the boys are good.
I can't wait to play in the snow on Sunday when my meetings are finished and I can put work tasks on the back burner.


No comments:

Post a Comment