Friday, February 8, 2013

The usual

I work four days a week. Fridays I'm home. I try to use Fridays to spend time with Levi, but also get things done at home. Sometimes finding that balance is easier than others. Usually, Levi occupies himself while I clean bathrooms and do other chores around the house. But today he helped me! He scrubbed the bath tub which, for someone as short as Levi, is a full-body workout. This is how tired he was after scrubbing most of the tub:
 Then he decided it would be more fun to take photos of me cleaning the bathroom. There were two of the back of my head and one where I was turning away from the camera. But for this one he asked me to look at him. It took a while, but he finally snapped the photo - not too shabby Levi.
   The other thing we do on Fridays is go to Bethesda for drinks at Lincoln Perk and to visit my grandma. Levi, almost without fail, gets a Hot Chocolate Freeze, I get a mocha. Today we even got a cookie!
Then we (usually in a rush because we stay at Bethesda too long) go down the street to the library for story hour. Laura, the librarian, always reads several stories to the kids and then has a fun project for them to create. It's so good to spend time in a library on a weekly basis, good for me and for Levi.
 And our time in town is usually capped off with a trip to the grocery store.
Then home again home again jiggety jig.
I treasure this routine. I know that after school ends in May, I'll never again have regular one-on-one time with Levi like I have right now.

1 comment:

  1. That last thought makes me sad. How about half-days of Kindergarten on Fridays next year? I think Mrs. J. is flexible on that. patricia

    ReplyDelete