Saturday, July 21, 2012

Around the farm

Summer is speeding right along here.  The days are terribly hot.  The ground is dry.  Yet, life marches on.  
The barn is certainly a bright spot on the farm this summer.  She's never looked this good in my lifetime.  
Thanks to the borrowed bucket truck, Austin and my dad were able to finish up working on the north side of the barn.  Currently, there are only a few more pieces to go on the south side and a couple doors need to be hung and she'll be all done!
The garden is working hard to keep growing despite the heat and bugs.  Our zucchini bit the dust thanks to an army of squash bugs, and two of our three tomato plants look ridiculously terrible.  But, I still think we're doing pretty good for our first year gardening. 
The boys got new bikes!  Their old bikes were handed down to us by others and we were grateful for them.  But, time had taken its toll on those bikes and it was finally time to upgrade for the boys.
Remember that patio I mentioned a super-long time ago?  Well, we've been enjoying it for months now, I just never took any photos of it.  My friend Karin graciously sewed some cushions for our chairs.
The fabric was called Farmers Market I think.  I love the blue and yellow in it.



We've been playing a lot of hide-and-seek in the big white shed these days.  The boys are really good at hiding and keeping quiet, so it's actually quite a bit of fun.  The sun turns the she into an oven, so we only play in the morning or late in the evening.  Friday morning, I was hiding right next to this bucket of corn seed.
Friday morning the boys and I took a little bike ride to test out their new bikes.  It was a beautiful morning for a short ride!




The corn is dry......we just hope and pray for the best when we start harvesting in a couple of weeks.


Oh, and the kittens!  They're growing and are so funny to watch.  I haven't been around kittens for a long, long time and I've thoroughly enjoyed watching them play together.
Levi said, "Take a picture of me and George." So, I did.  Nice smile kiddo.  Once I figure out all of their names, I'll have to introduce them individually to the blog.

Well, that's what we've been up to....or at least some of the stuff that's been happening around here lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment