Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Sunday was a gorgeous day which helped to make Mother's Day an extra lovely day.  From in bed on Sunday morning, I heard Noah ask Levi, "Should we make her breakfast in bed?" and Levi quickly and emphatically said, "NO!"  I smiled.  At least they thought of it. :-)  Ben did make them waffles for breakfast and had I been hungry enough and had enough time I probably would have enjoyed the waffles too.  After church, we ate lunch at home and again Ben did nearly all the work to get our meal on the table.  He tried to get me out of the kitchen but I told him I didn't know what to do with myself if I wasn't at least helping with the meal.  After naps, a soccer game broke out.  Check out the attitude on Levi's face - that's a pretty normal look for him these days...
 Axle was sort of a pain while we tried to play.  He kept fetching the soccer ball and running off with it!
 Erica, Miki and Rylee came out to the farm for the afternoon and evening.  The kids, especially Levi and Rylee, really look forward to having time to play together on Sundays.


 We ate a wonderful meal of burgers (hot dogs for the kids), chips, lettuce salad and fruit salad for dinner.  This picture actually captures one of the chaotic moments BEFORE we sat down to eat, but it really was a wonderful meal.  The weather was perfect for eating out on the deck and the kids ate pretty well - what more could you ask for!?!
 We celebrated my sisters birthday, exchanged Mother's Day gifts and then Ben and I took off.  We went to Bethel to take in the Open Road concert.  We had invited everyone to come with us, but it ended up that only the two of us went and our kids stayed at the farm to play.  It was a fabulous impromptu date!
 We got home in time to put our boys to bed.  After we finished reading to them, I found them together in Levi's bed with Noah "reading" a tractor book to Levi.
 And finally, my sister and Miki gave me flowers!  I don't really remember the last time I got flowers - and I don't say that as a put down to Ben at all - it's just not something we do.  But, these flowers are certainly a bright spot in my kitchen these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment