Sunday, May 27, 2012

Around the house last week

This past week was our first week of summer - it doesn't seem like it's time for summer but here it is - and it's hot already.  
 Outside is where we seem to spend most of our time - no matter how hot or windy it is.

 I spray painted this little metal table sun yellow.  It had been rusty and worn out, but after I got the rust off, primed and painted it that old table is a fun splash of color outside.

 Dry and dusty
 The mulberry trees are just about done producing berries for the season.
 I picked enough to make mulberry-rhubarb croustades. In the event that you find yourself without tapioca to add to your pie filling, just know that it works to sift the tapioca out of a regular box of tapioca pudding to thicken the filling.  I'm happy to have tested that out for you.....
 They were delicious with vanilla ice cream.

3 comments:

  1. How's the patio working out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been so fun to have that space! We've had 20 people out there eating. It even drained well when it rained. Now, if I could just get my flowers to fill in, I would be really happy with it.

      Delete
  2. I love the yellow table, and what is a croustade? Almost looks like prishke(sp).

    ReplyDelete