Friday, May 11, 2012

Around the house

I'm still planning to blog about my trip to the Middle East...but I've only edited less than half of my 759 photos.....so you can look for that post coming soon....
I actually made one of the items I've posted on Pinterest.  These concrete garden spheres were super cheap and actually pretty fun to make.
 I found four glass light globes at the Et Cetera Shop for a total of $2 and bought a back of QuickCrete for about $3 or so.  Filled the globes with concrete and waited several days for them to dry.  It was actually fairly dangerous to break the glass - but otherwise it was a super-easy project.  I would like to find a few other shapes in the future to add to the collection.
 The train of rain wanders through our yard these days and makes the most calming sounds.
 Thank goodness there's a pile of sand on the yard for our boys to play with.
 Tonight they were hauling sand to make a road.

 I'm not sure how road-like it ended up looking, but there was some pretty good teamwork going on - a rarity these days.
 Our house is getting a new roof, which has added some extra excitement to our days.  The crew has been collecting the old shingles in the back of this grain truck. I love the design. I've always been a sucker for old grain trucks.
 She's a beaut, isn't she?
 The garden continues to be a fun experiment for us.  Generally speaking we have no idea what we're doing, but the plants (for the most part) are growing!  It is a battle though to keep the bugs from eating every plant.
 My second planting of lettuce has finally taken off - or at least one pot of it did...I guess a little bit of lettuce is better than no lettuce at all.
Back to photo editing....

No comments:

Post a Comment