Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life

It's been busy lately. Travel, work, Ben's basketball schedule, snow and ice and more has kept us hopping.

Monday was a holiday and I took advantage of it by stripping the wallpaper in our hall bathroom. What a job! I'd never stripped wallpaper before and never before had I been so thankful for how small that bathroom is! My arms were weak a jello by the end of the day and my back ached. There are spots that need patching and I need to pick a paint color but that room is well on its way to fitting in with the rest of our home.

Last week it snowed and we had a fantastic time playing in the snow. I was busy with the boys and never even considered getting my camera out! Too many layers of clothing, gloves, hats and boots to keep track of to get my camera in the mix. We explored out at the farm, trying to identify all the different animal tracks we found. I got to pull the boys on the sled and my dad gave a few sled rides pulled by the 4-wheeler.

Last night, just before bed, the boys decided to be a band. They even asked me to sing with them! But, I didn't sing the right words so I was not part of the band for long. For the entire 5 minutes that this lasted it was fantastic!




As for today - I got up at 5:20am to go exercise (like I do most days) only to find out the Wellness Center wasn't open - due to icy roads. That was annoying. But even more annoying is that if I would have looked at Facebook last night I would have known that! Plus, Goessel cancelled school (which means Noah doesn't have preschool) and Newton cancelled school (which means my work is closed today too) it looks like we'll have a day at home together! The roads are terrible - a sheet of ice - so I'm relieved to not be going anywhere this morning. Maybe I'll get the hall bathroom walls cleaned off and patched today....

No comments:

Post a Comment