Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I think it's gonna work!

I think this is super idea, one I totally stole from Design*Sponge and I think it's gonna work to add some color to my sister-in-law's house. In the gift exchange among the Schrag siblings, I got Sara's name. Sara asked for colorful art for their white walls. Well, I don't know Sara's style very well yet (although I think I'm getting a handle on it), I've never seen where they live or what kind of furniture or space they have. So, while I very much wanted to get her something colorful for her walls picking it out seemed nearly impossible. So, Ben suggested that I take her shopping for art while we were together in Illinois. That tripped the trigger on this idea that I saw on Design*Sponge a while back. So, I gathered a bunch of embroidery hoops and presented them to Sara, with the explanation (and a photo of the idea from online) that we'd go shopping to find the perfect fabrics for each hoop.

So Sara, Sue and I took off one afternoon to shop for fabric and came up with this:

I'm not sure the photo accurately captures all the colors and details. And once Sara gets all this back to Arizona she'll get to trim the fabric and figure out just how she wants them arranged on her wall. She's even got some extra hoops and will have enough of several of these fabrics to fill more hoops if she wants to. I wasn't sure if this gift idea would work out well or not, but it certainly was fun and something that she can easily put up, change or take down whenever she wants.
It's a very versatile idea too - think of all the fabulous ways you could arrange fabrics or make it appropriate for a kids room or whatever.

1 comment: