Sunday, March 30, 2014

House Progress

Our house is starting to feel like the house that we've seen on paper for the past couple years!
 This week, the trusses were fastened to the top of the first floor making way for the second story of our house. I just LOVED all the lines that filled the first floor.

 The subfloor was glued and screwed down onto the trusses and just like that a whole other world opened up! It was absolutely terrifying to me to be up on the second floor without any walls. I lasted for a whopping minute or so before heading back down the ladder.
We had some incredibly windy days this past week which effected the work on the house. 40 mph wind is no joke and I was glad the crew was careful and quit working when they needed to.
But, Friday the weather was decent and an amazing amount of progress happened at the house. I was busy in the house and then looked out and suddenly we had an east wall!
 And then our roof trusses showed up!
 Jeremy checked them over, and apparently they passed his test because suddenly the truck left.
 And by the end of the day, all the outside walls were done and bunch of the interior walls, too!
 You're looking at Levi's bedroom on the left, a bathroom in the middle and Noah's bedroom on the right. Plus a huge, you-might-die-if-you-fall-into-it hole where our staircase will eventually be. I cannot wait for that to happen.
 I detest the ladder. My palms start to sweat every single time I have to go up or down the stupid thing.
 So ummmm....our house grew this week! It was amazing and scary all at the same time. I've known all along that it would feel tall when it first went up and I was right. On Friday afternoon, I stood about where Levi is in this picture and felt giddy and overwhelmed. It's an amazing process to watch and I'm very grateful that we're right here and can keep a close eye on the progress each day.
 While trenching and electric boxes don't make for very exciting photos, they were certainly welcome happenings on the job site this past week. Although Ben did have to re-pour the concrete slab that the green box is sitting on after the trenching machine drove over part of the original slab and busted it.
So, just for an overall view...here's the farm from the end of the driveway. 
Hopefully the weather will cooperate this week and the roof trusses will get set! I've got my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment