Saturday, March 22, 2014

House Progress

What a fun week it's been watching our house get framed! It transformed from a weird-looking concrete structure to place with rooms, doorways, and windows (well, openings for windows).
 It struck me on Thursday how nice it is that I know, and have known, three of the four guys working on our house just about my entire life. I think that's why I feel like telling them "thank you" about a hundred times a day. I understand the basic process of building a house in theory, but to watch it happen is fascinating. I found myself wanting to tell the guys, "Hey, that's a really nice wall you just put up." But so far I've kept those comments to myself....I think a comment like that would catch them off guard and I'd get an awkward, "Thanks..." in return.
Hey look! That's our front door and Ben and Levi are standing in a bathroom (I'm sure Levi's making a joke about going to the bathroom, he's only made about 20 comments about it since he found out where the toilet will go)!
 Kenton and Jeremy
 2x4 scraps anyone?
We were worried that Harold would cause a lot of trouble for the constructions guys, but it turns out that for the most part he leaves them alone - except if we're out there. So far he's made off with some gloves and a doughnut. The gloves were returned, Harold kept the doughnut.
 Ok, so the sun was not my friend for these photos, but to give an overall view of the progress here goes, the front of the house:
 The south side of the house (the north side is garage and therefore not too interesting at this point):
 And finally the west side, with our backyard of dirt in the foreground (I'm open to all landscaping ideas at this point):
Next week they'll make it to the second story!

No comments:

Post a Comment