Friday, June 21, 2013

Father's Day Race Day

For Father's Day our family went to 81 Speedway. It's a place my dad had never been to but had been curious about for years. So, as our gift to dad, we took him to the races. 

 Ben and I had last been to the races about ten years ago, so I had forgotten what we were getting in to. The kids and my parents had no clue. The boys were antsy for the races to start.
 I love this picture because of the look on my father's expression (not Noah's). He's having a good time, and that's what Father's Day is about.
 Speaking of fathers, I'm married to a guy who is a fantastic father. He out-shines me daily in the parenting department. Noah and Levi are blessed to have a dad like Ben.
 There were lots of smiles, giggles and looks of amazement when the first cars came out on the track with their engines screaming.

 But the screaming engines were LOUD!
 Reeeeaaaalllly loud!
 The engines were so loud, and the dust was flying in our eyes but we still had a great time. Next time, if there is a next time, we'll wear sunglasses to protect our eyes and bring ear plugs for...well, our ears.
Too bad it went so late we couldn't stay for the last race - maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment