Sunday, November 18, 2012

Juicy

Canning tomatoes in November. Who does that?! Well, I did that and now I'm done. Last week, I made a batch of pizza sauce. Then I canned a batch of whole tomatoes followed by a batch of tomato sauce. 
This summer, we froze nearly all of our tomatoes. Just a couple weeks ago our last tomatoes finished ripening and so I knew it was time to deal with the bags of frozen tomatoes in our deep freeze. 
 It was a breeze to pull them out several bags at a time to process into sauce and can. Our Victorio food mill made making sauce ridiculously easy. Check out the peel and seeds - so easy with just the turn of the handle.
 So just in time for the holidays, I've put my canning equipment away for the season.
I forgot to take photos of the finished product....so I'll leave it with this juicy photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment