Sunday, November 18, 2012

A letter to the President

It's tough to be the younger sibling.  I know from experience. Watching your older sibling do things that look cool - like reading and writing.  Well, that's where Levi's at these days. He sees Noah reading and writing and then he wants to do the same thing. 
Friday morning, Levi asked to write a letter to President Obama. I don't remember why it came up but he was determined - so we went with it!
 Thanks to a Weekly Reader Noah brought home from school before the election, my boys know that Obama likes playing basketball and his favorite food is chili. So Levi decided to write:
Dear President Obama, I know that you like basketball. I like it too. I like you. From, Levi
 He worked so hard to make all the letters and he did it in pen. It's not perfect, but he did such a good job.
 While I googled the address for the White House, he folded the letter.
 Thankfully, he let me write the address on the envelope, but he put the stamp on and then we took it to the mailbox.
A couple hours after we left the letter in the mailbox, we saw the President on TV and Levi leaned over to me and said, "I don't think he got my letter yet, mom." Nope kiddo, he sure hadn't.

2 comments: