Sunday, November 4, 2012

Friday afternoon

Friday was a gorgeous day. Levi and I spent the whole afternoon outside. I figured it was time to clean up the flower beds and pots around the house.  
The Farmers finished up fall harvest on Friday. Interestingly enough, we realized once it was all over that the combine had been in use (on and off) for the past 7 months. Wheat harvest started in May, and fall harvest wrapped up in November.
We are not "cat people", but we have ended up being quite fond of the "adolescent" kittens at the farm. Sadly, in the last week or so two of the four kittens disappeared.
The most exciting event of the afternoon was Levi's haphazard discovery of a opossum in a barrel outside the barn. Levi was poking in the barrel with a metal rod when the opossum made his presence known. It scared Levi and he hollered for me to come and look but opossum's make me hyperventilate. I was so thankful that Levi discovered the thing because I was just about ready to yank the trash bag out of the barrel and put the barrel away. Opossums would have been the subject of my nightmares for a month had I actually reach down into that barrel toward that thing.  I could barely get close enough to the barrel to hold my camera out over the edge of it.  In the end, the opossum was let go several miles away from the farm.
Levi waited a long, long time for Noah to get home on the bus so he could show him the opossum.
He actually waited so long that he got distracted and almost forgot to tell Noah once he got home.
The boys talked a big game, but this was as close as they got to the opossum - and I'm just fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment