Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A walk down the driveway

Walking down the driveway for some time alone or to grab the mail is becoming more and more meaningful to me. I used to hate walking down the long driveway when I was a kid. It seemed so long, the wind blew so strongly out in the open and having a bit of quiet time to myself wasn't experienced as life-giving.
The other day, I took a walk to grab the mail and took my camera along just to see what would catch my eye on the journey. 
My dad and Noah were just about home from school.
As I looked around the fields that surround the farm I realized something about myself. It struck me that I LOVE watching and feeling the earth change around me.
The fields change from one crop starting to grow, to another crop drying down for harvest.
From lush and filled with life, to dry and desolate looking thanks to the buzz cut given by the combine.
The rhythms of the farm change with the season, change with the work in the fields, change with the time of the sunrise and sunset.
The ground, grass, trees, light and life change...
circling through the life cycle...
and constantly change.


1 comment: