Saturday, October 13, 2012

Busy days

I love taking photos, but I have taken very few of them lately!  I blame it on being busy. My cell phone is not smart and takes terrible photos, so unless I have my big camera with me there won't be any photos taken and apparently I've been in a rut. We've had a ton of stuff going on lately and most of it has taken place here on the farm.  We've been working on some buildings to clean them out and spiff them up. Not that I have any pictures of that work to prove it....
Today was Fall Fest at Bethel and I didn't even remember to take my camera!  It was a rainy morning but not bad enough to ruin the festivities. We took in our usual events, checked out the remodeled buildings, visited with old friends, ate good food and then went home. 
Then the boys and went to the Papa's Pumpkin Patch! We had a great time and since we wore our farm/mud boots we were in good shape to tromp around and not care what kind of mess we made. The boys did the Straw Scramble (searching in straw for coins and candy).
 Noah was a bit more enthusiastic about the search and ended up with a bigger stash at the end of the five minute scramble.

 Climbing on tires is fun, it just is.
 We had a hard freeze about a week ago and so all the vines have died in the pumpkin patch but there are lots and lots and lots of great pumpkins out there.  We didn't have to walk far to find one for each of us.
 The quilt block on the old granary made me smile - I'm still hoping to find a spot for something like that around our farm.

 All along I thought I'd be home all afternoon and evening today to get a bunch of stuff done at home.  Well, then I decided to take the boys to the Pumpkin Patch so that sucked a couple hours out of the day. Then we found out that my parents were going to Newton to see some of our relatives from out-of-state.  Well, we wanted to see the relatives too so there went the rest of the day!  We ate supper at the new burger joint in Goessel.  The menu might be simple but the burgers are good.
  So here's who we got to see: Kay, Dorothy and Ruth.  Dorothy is my great aunt and 90 years old. In all reality, this will be her last trip to Kansas and while it was so, so, so good to see her again it's also hard to face reality.
 Kay and Ruth are both grandmothers and both of them had fun with Noah and Levi. They talked to each other in funny voices and made each other giggle - what could be better than that?! Oh, and there might have been some trick-or-treating involved too.
So, I've been busy which makes me a less-than-attentive mother and makes me tired. But today it was good to take time and connect with people who add to this story called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment