Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Back at the ranch

So life around our house continued on like normal even if Ben and I weren't here to help or enjoy it last weekend. My mom and dad cared for the boys while we were in Chicago and we are so thankful for their help!!  It must be quite an adjustment to go from empty nest to family of four.
The tomatoes I plucked from my frostbitten plants are still ripening on my washer and dryer.  Thankfully, just last night, enough of them had ripened that I could condense the pile to just on top of the washer.  
I hadn't seen the top of my dryer for so long that it was shocking to see the white top staring at me when I passed by the doorway. :-)
More tomatoes for the freezer!  At some point soon, I'm going to have a sauce making marathon on my hands.....immediately followed by a canning marathon.  
 Levi has been spending quite a bit of time at the piano lately.
 At times he actually plays gently enough and randomly finds notes that sound good together.
 At other times it's not quite so easy to listen to, but we encourage him regardless.  He continues to show us that he's interested in music - drums, piano, guitar, trumpet, etc. It'll be fun to see what happens to that interest as he grows.
 Last night we had a Parent/Teacher Conference for Noah. Thankfully, his teacher had lovely things to say about Noah and his participation in class.  We are very grateful  that so far in school Noah hasn't struggled with learning, following rules or social interaction.  I know it's not always going to go so smoothly, the subjects will get harder and the social interactions more complex, so I'm enjoying these early/simple years while we've got them.
 Noah has weekly spelling tests, so every evening we go over his spelling words.  He also reads each night before bed.  It's fabulous to watch him learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment