Sunday, August 12, 2012

One thing to the next

The weather has been amazing. It's hot enough during the day that you know it's summer, but the morning, evening and nights remind us that fall is the next (very welcomed) season. So, as is our usual pattern, the nicer the weather the more time we spend outside. 
We are all completely enamored with the kittens. They're funny and curious and getting more and more adventurous.
 Noah even started a animal rescue business - since the kittens are climbing trees and he thinks they need help getting down.
 The wash house near our house is in need of a new coat of paint.  It's an old building where all the wash used to be done - hence it's name. But before new paint goes on, the old must come off.

 Going fast, fast, fast!

 I'm attempting to grow pumpkins. The squash bugs are trying to consume my pumpkin plants.  I'm determined to squish every squash bug I can find. It's like a mission. The plants are healthy and just starting to bloom and I'll be darned if those bugs kill them. 
The kittens LOVE to play in the garden. Can you find three kittens in this photo?

 As Ben and I walked across the yard, we looked up and saw that the sun set was perfectly lined up with the doors in the mud room.  What an awesome orange ball of fire.
 This morning, I made Glazed Doughnut Muffins and they were delicious! Just like a glazed cake doughnut.  The boys liked them (!!!!) and Noah thinks I should make them again on Dec. 20. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment