Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fishing at the Marina

I know very little about fishing. I do know that my father in-law enjoys it and knows a lot about it. It's wonderful that he shares fishing with our boys, too.  We lucked out during our camping trip when Tim found out we could fish in a particular area of the marina where a bunch of huge carp reside.  
 Tim fished with canned corn as his bait and the guy from the marina let Levi throw dog food in the water to lure the fish to where we were.
 Before we knew it, BINGO!
 And it wasn't just one fish.....they caught more than 10 fish in less than two hours!

 Since I don't know how to fish and have little inclination to start now, I busied myself with taking photos of the action.

 Grandma and Levi made fish faces to each other.

 Levi did help reel in this fish.  It took a long time but he pretty much stuck with it.
 All the fish got thrown back into the water.  Our fishing was more for the fun and adventure then for a meal.  And once those of that were not fishing got restless, we spent a whopping $5 on an hour-long paddle boat rental.  It's been years since I last paddle boated and it was just as much fun as I remembered!  Noah tried peddling for a bit but his legs weren't long enough and it was frustrating for him.  Levi declined a ride because he was afraid he'd fall in the water. We tried over and over to assure him that there was nothing to be afraid of, but he wouldn't leave the shore.
 Fishing and paddle boating, what a lovely way to spend an afternoon.
Mmmmm paddle boatin.....Come on, you know the Little Big Town song, "Pontoon" right? During our paddle boat ride I kept singing the song to Ben. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment