Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Tour

I thought, mostly for the purpose of looking back on this time in the farmhouse, that I should snap a few photos of our new living space.  The only problem is that the regular lens for my camera is broken, so I only have the use of a zoom lens - not ideal for snapping indoor photos!
So here we go.
From the garage you walk into a large mud room (where Axle still spends the night), then there's a laundry area and then the kitchen.
From the kitchen you can see straight through to the other side of the house.
After the kitchen is the living room.  My grandma always used it as the dining room and I'm still fumbling over what to call it.  It's usually something like, "Dine Living Room."  Not pictured to the left is the door to the upstairs.  From the living room you get to the two bedrooms we're using.
This picture is flat out awful, but it's the "master bedroom" which also has a big TV (we've never had a TV in a bedroom), a couch, and a piano (who doesn't need a piano in their bedroom?).  My grandma always used this room as the living room/front room.

The bedroom that the boys share has always been a bedroom.  My dad remembers when he was a kid that their entire 5 person family (my aunt Karen wasn't born yet) slept in this bedroom.  I failed to ask why that was necessary, but it's interesting to think about.
And that rounds out the spaces of our daily lives.  There is a large bedroom upstairs with toys and space to play.
It's starting to feel like home, like a temporary home.

No comments:

Post a Comment