Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is a special night at our church.  Children from age 2 and up tell the story of Jesus' birth.  
 Levi's class sang a song about the Christmas star over Bethlehem.  The girls in his class stole the show by trying to get good access to the microphone.
 Each kid in Noah's class had to say a line in their spoken piece.  Noah did well remembering his line, but was a bit shy in the speaking-clearly-into-the-microphone department.
 Then more kids joined in and they sang "Stars Were Gleaming."  Noah knew most of the song very well and I tried to practice it with him and wasn't sure that he ever got the last 2 lines of the second verse.  But, when it counted and the entire church (it was literally a full church) was watching, he got it all and actually sang out!  My heart smiled and I felt so proud of him.  Maybe it's because we were sitting close enough that I could hear him, but it seemed more special than normal to me.
 The Christmas musical that the older kids did was better than ever.  The focus on light and the many roles that light plays in the Christmas story was interesting and refreshing.
 Finishing with the church bathed in candlelight is my favorite.
 It's simply magical, no matter how old you are.

2 comments:

  1. I thought, too, that this year's program was really special! I loved the focus on "light!" Sally did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really told the story of the evening well!

    ReplyDelete