Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Birthday Surprise

Today is my mother's birthday - happy birthday Mom - and on Sunday we managed to surprise her. :-)
She knew that her family was going to be at her house for lunch.  She knew that we would bring all the food and that all she needed to provide was butter and jelly.  She didn't know that some dear friends would also be showing up for the party.  Gene and Cindy Hastings and Bob and Nancy Becker made for a fantastic birthday surprise.
It didn't hurt that the food we catered in from Keith in Goessel was amazing.  It also didn't hurt that my sister made a fabulous cheesecake for dessert.
It's hard to believe that my mother is 60.  I don't feel like I'm almost 31, so naturally I don't feel like my mother should, or could possibly be, 60.  Oh well, I guess that's how life works.
And while my mom was not looking forward to her birthday, I think in the end she's found out it's not that bad.  Especially when food, family and friends magically show up at your house to surprise you.


No comments:

Post a Comment