Thursday, March 3, 2011

What a Week

It feels like it's been a long week...on Sunday, Levi and I both got sick. Fever and aches - I don't recall the last time I felt that achy. Monday, Levi and I stayed home and late in the morning we had to go get Noah from daycare because he'd thrown up. Levi was consistently complaining about his throat hurting so I took him to the doctor Monday afternoon and found out he had strep throat. Noah slept for several hours on Monday afternoon and then felt fine. Monday was also Ben's first day at a new job.
Tuesday, Levi and I stayed home but Noah went back to daycare. I went to the doctor on Tuesday thinking I had strep throat, but I didn't.
Wednesday was a normal day - thank goodness. Today, after my mom was done at school we took the boys to the Wichita Garden Show. The theme was movies in gardens or gardens in movies - I'm not sure - but I know the Jurassic Park garden was a big hit with the boys.


The garden based on the movie "Up" was also a hit.


I hadn't anticipated the number of lawn mowers and tractors that would be onsite but the boys had a great time climbing on nearly all of them.
Isn't that an amazing amount of plastic?

We now have 14 seeds to grow giant sunflowers this summer! The boys had to color a sunflower and then they each got 7 seeds.
And golfing - they took a few turns at putting.
The big nurseries put together the huge displays with rocks and full-size trees and waterfalls (dinosaurs and houses), but the county extension agency had this lovely garden full of spring greens and honestly, this was the most inspiring part of the garden show for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment