Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Good times

It was a great weekend. I had the wonderful opportunity to go antiquing with my mom and aunt on Saturday morning. That is one of my favorite things to do and it actually worked for me to go with them! First we stopped at an auction in Hillsboro, then we went on to Marion to Bearly Makin It Antiques. It's a good shop. I didn't take my camera but I bought a fantastic old fan (that actually works!), a piece of scroll metal that is already on the wall in our living room and a couple of old bumper stickers. I love how you just never know what you'll find at an antique store.

Saturday night we went over to Mike and Mandi's house for awesome food, good conversation and a good dose of football.

Mike gave Noah a lesson on how you put a helmet on
and it worked!
Sunday night was birthday party night for Noah and our niece Rylee. She turned 2 on Monday.
We had a fondue supper, something most of us hadn't had for many years. It worked out great. We all had fun dipping bread, carrots, celery, apples and bananas in the cheesy fondue.
My sister worked hard to create a rainbow cake - which would have tied in so well with our colorful party theme...but, somehow after it was put together and iced this happened...
She had pictures of it put together and it looked amazing! But, it wasn't meant to be. So, a DQ ice cream cake sat in its place.




Happy birthday Noah and Rylee!

Sunday night, Ben and I both came down with strep throat. Good times. Thankfully, neither of us had it very bad and we both got on antibiotics Monday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment