Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow...no more...

Shoveling and shoveling and shoveling...that's what we've been up to.
It snowed nearly 20" yesterday. That is A LOT of snow for us. So, yesterday it was snowing and blowing when I went to work, but since I was in denial about this snow storm I thought I would be able to stay at work all day and get home in the evening with the boys. However, by noon my boss advised me to go home and it seemed like a smart move. Thankfully, the roads didn't give me any problems and we made it home safe and sound. After naps Ben and I got the crazy notion to go spend the night at the farm. So, when mom and dad thought we could probably make it to the farm we packed up and took off!
It was a lovely drive...actually it was a decent drive. We happened upon a lucky break when we met up with my uncle (driving his pick-up) just as we were ready to turn off the paved road and onto the country road my parents live on. Ben is certain we would have made it without his help, but he drove in front of us all the way to the farm. I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread because I was quite nervous about that final 2 1/4 miles of our drive. He drove out of his way to get us there and it was great to have a path to follow through the drifting snow. Granted, I never would have done this without knowing that my dad (and a tractor) was a phone call away. But, we made it and enjoyed an evening with my parents and a good night of sleep.
We woke up to a world covered in white powder this morning. This snow was so light and fluffy that shoveling was pretty easy - except that there was so much to shovel!
We got the 4-wheeler out, got it stuck twice, and then broke the rope to the sled...today wasn't the day for sledding. There were quite a few snow "mountains" on the farm from dad clearing off the yard but the snow was so fluffy that we couldn't climb the "mountains".


It was a beautiful snow. I keep finding myself surprised at the amount of snow I see around me.

We got home late this afternoon, just in time to shovel our own driveway. Generally, I like to shovel snow (I know, call me crazy) but I think I'm done with it for this winter...I'm ready for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment