Thursday, December 18, 2014

School Christmas Program

Earlier this week, the boys and all their schoolmates put on a great show at their Christmas program! 
Kindergarten through Third Grade make up one choir, then the 4th & 5th Grades are together for choir and finally the 5th Grade band rounds out the show. 
The 3rd graders, as the oldest ones in their choir, got to do some extra special things. Some put costumes on for different songs, but others had speaking parts. Noah did a fine job reading his part!
Levi was quite serious while he was on stage, although he did all the actions and sang every word of every song. Finally, I could piece together the bits of songs I'd been hearing for weeks around the house! Levi was careful not to sing too much at home so the songs would be a surprise at the concert.
Afterwards, Levi was waiting in his classroom. He'd cleaned his desk and was very eager to show it off to me. I think he has fifteen pencils piled up in the pencil tray!
Then he showed me all the fun Christmas things in his classroom including this ornament he made.
Then we went to Noah's classroom and he also wanted to show me his desk. I remember showing my desk off too - wanting my parents to see how clean and organized my stuff was - must be a kid thing.
Noah's teacher Mr. Wiens has a cute little tree up in his room so I got the boys to stand next to it for a photo.
Then a helpful parent made a funny face behind me and actually got the boys to smile. It's amazing what a difference an adult making a crazy face can make. :-)
On our way out of the building Levi showed me this wreath and poem he created (I don't know why, but it makes me giggle).
And Noah had this artwork and wish list to show off.
By the time we were done we were just about the only people left in that wing of the school! But it certainly was a lovely way to kick off the last week of school before Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment