Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Around Here

Decorating for Christmas is one of my most favorite things to do. I don't go all out, but I like to change how things feel, look and smell in our house. It's part of the changing of the seasons for me. I like to try and use my same old stuff in new ways. And this year it was even more fun because I had a new space to decorate.
I wanted a real tree for our front porch, but that proved to be too much work, so an upside-down tomato cage wrapped in lights is filling that role. :-) At night the porch glows with warm light and feels quite cozy.
 I really like the red lantern lights we found at Target. :-)
 In the kitchen:
 In the dining room:
 (from up above the light fixture in the dining room)
 and like a true adult, I bought a couple poinsettia plants this year
 Our tree has a great shape and fills this corner of our living room nicely.
The TV gets most of our attention in the living room so making the space around it look nice is important to me. 
 I think these decorations will hang around all winter - who doesn't need more sparkle during the dreary winter months?
 From our family to yours, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment