Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sunday Funday at the Waterfall

Last Sunday my parents and I set out after church for an adventure with the boys.
 Our destination: the Chase State Lake and waterfall!
 My parents had never been out there and the boys and I were ready to see the waterfall again, plus Ben was busy golfing all afternoon - we couldn't let him be the only one having fun!
 With all the recent rains we weren't sure what to expect. Last summer when we visited the falls I was literally terrified that Levi would be swept away in the current. This year, though, it was perfect!
 I had a terrible time keeping up with them! The banks of the river were very muddy so once I finally got down into the water the boys had already gotten to the base of the falls! They're so fast!

 My parents weren't planning to walk around in the water and the muddy/steep banks weren't looking too great to them either. But they still had fun (right mom and dad?).
 Surprisingly, I had to convince the boys that simply sliding on their rear ends down these rocks would work out ok. But, once they got started they were eager to try it again.

 We walked up from the falls to the lake. The sun was very warm that afternoon, but the water was incredibly cool and refreshing.
 The boys worked for a little while on skipping rocks,
 but then Levi gave in and just laid down for a bit. :-)
 Once we got all the way to the lake they realized that their grandpa was on the lake shore skipping rocks.
 That looked like fun so they scrambled up the bank and over to him (again leaving me behind).
 We also found a whole bunch of shells while hanging out on this little bit of shore.
I think we might have to make this an annual adventure, but we'll bring Ben next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment