Saturday, July 12, 2014

First Camp

Noah went to camp this week! Thursday afternoon my cousin Megan and her daughters came to pick up me and the boys for the 1 1/2 hour drive to Camp Mennoscah.
These kids were ready to go and tired of waiting on their moms notso we could leave!
Noah, as he's been his entire life, just went with the flow. We signed in, he got his name tag, I told the nurse too many details about his allergies and asthma (I was maybe just a little bit nervous about leaving him at camp...just a little?) and then once he knew which cabin he was in he was off!
 He had two friends in his cabin, Jake and Javin and then a handful of other classmates at camp too. His counselor Nat helped him find a spot for his stuff inside the cabin and then it was time to swim! He left to go swim with his friends while I unrolled his sleeping bag. Top bunk living isn't for me! But I think Noah liked it, except he said he hit his head on the rafters a few times. :-)
 Levi and I went to find him at the pool to say good-bye (plus Levi was desperate to see the pool, the river, and everything else in betwenn, oh my). I was surprised to see Noah hanging out on the side but he said the water was cold and he was working on getting in slowly. Cambry was already having fun swimming!
 Friday was a struggle with Levi. He didn't know what to do without Noah around. We finally managed to take some friends swimming with us. While we swam on Friday, I kept looking for Noah forgetting that he was at camp!
Saturday morning drove back to camp and found Noah all packed up and ready to go!
 It took us a while to leave because we had to spend time playing carpet ball, checking out the river and more.

 Jake and Noah were funny to watch...they would simultaneously turn their heads as the ball went by in front of them. Back and forth, back and forth. :-)
 Levi wanted to be in charge of everything and was having a hard time taking turns...life was hard without Noah and life was proving to be hard with Noah. It's hard to be a little brother!
 And then moments later, this:
 No problems, just playing. Ahhhhh.....
 Noah reported that he got two letters in one day and had to join a group of kids to sing a song. And he had to run around the tables for having his elbows on the table during a meal. :-) And when I asked him if he thought he would want to go again next year he looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Yes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment