Friday, July 25, 2014

House Progress

The exterior of our house is just about done! Yesterday, Jeremy, Casson and Zach worked all day getting forms in place for our front sidewalk. This morning, the concrete truck came first thing and bam! We had a sidewalk. 
Ok, it wasn't that easy, but the guys certainly made it look easy. Tomorrow, they'll pour the back stoop, the pad for the AC units and be done with concrete work. Plus, I think/hope we get our porch posts installed. That should pretty much wrap up the exterior.
 On the interior, Ben and I have been busy painting. Ben got a good start on it before we left for vacation and now we've spent two full days working on it (plus our friend Rachael came and painted for a few hours, too - thanks Rachael!). We think it'll take about two more days to finish it...but I think I'll leave that up to Ben.
 I've got other house stuff to work on and he's really good at painting. But you know, once I've started on a project like that I just want to keep going until it's finished...so we'll see....
 There's actually no rush on the painting. We have about two weeks before our flooring, doors and trim will be ready, we just want to get painting checked off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment