Tuesday, December 10, 2013

In pursuit of a tree

It was nearing dark on Saturday afternoon when Noah asked, "WHEN are we going to get our Christmas tree?!" and I said, "Well, bundle up, let's go!" So, we bundled up, and off we went to Pine Creek Farm!
Noah was feeling pretty special toting the saw around.  We were searching for a small tree, one that would fit nicely into our already cramped living room. Luckily, small trees were very near to the shop so we didn't have far to walk.
 The boys were such willing helpers, but quickly found out that sawing down a tree is hard work.

 Finally, after they both gave it a try they let me get the saw started. Then Noah took a turn sawing for a while with much more success. Levi was happy to hold the tree.  They both took their tasks so seriously! Levi even has his right foot turned in so it wouldn't get cut by the saw. Seriously, that was a concern.
 Aha! Mission accomplished. Small tree, we found it quickly, didn't have to haul it far to get it to the shop and then we enjoyed apple cider, peppernuts, and candy canes inside the shop!
When we arrived, I went inside the Christmas tree farm shop to ask which direction we should head for the best selection of small trees. She told me and then asked if I needed any help. I told her I had two capable young men with me and I was right! The boys and I had a great time finding and cutting down our tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment