Friday, December 20, 2013

House Update

I wish I had a grand plan for how I was going to blog about this whole house building project, but I don't. I'm just going to have to accept that and document what I can, when I can. 
The work this week has been dedicated to getting all the forms up for the foundation and storm shelter for our house. When Ben told me that's all that was going to happen this week I impatiently rolled my eyes. Then a day later I went out to look at the progress and realized why this was going to take a week! It's no easy task to put up forms.
 That's our storm shelter! I had never considered that during the building process we'd have this concrete rectangle in the middle of our house. I should have thought of it by putting two and two together, but I hadn't and I think it looks so funny.
 These photos make it hard to get a feel for the amount of progress that's happening. Plus, the lack of color in them is depressing. But have no fear! Lots of good work has happened and I'm happy as a clam that they're taking their time and getting the work done right.
 I've got my fingers crossed that it will work to bring concrete in on Monday.
 Harold has proven to be very, very difficult to photograph. He's ALWAYS moving - fast. 
 While the colors of our construction site are less than beautiful so far, at least the neighbors (my parents) are spreading holiday cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment