Monday, December 9, 2013

Creatiing

Levi took it upon himself to teach us a craft at Grandma and Grandpa Schrag's house. I found him at the dining room table busy preparing supplies for everyone to make a "turkey". Once he had supplies doled out to each person we could come to the table and follow his instructions. 
 I went first and got step by step instructions on exactly what to do to make my turkey look like his.
 When grandma came to join us, Levi was less interested in explaining the project and more interested in doing it for her.
 It involved lots of tape, pipe cleaners and streamers.
 It was important that each item be taped down well, we didn't want our turkey to lose a leg!
 After Levi helped three of us, he was worn out and decided that craft time was over.
 One other creative project that Tim and Sue helped me out with was the creation of this barn quilt. I've wanted to give this a try for a long time and since Sue had recently made one for their front porch, I could easily follow in her footsteps to make my own. Tim graciously prepared the wooden square/quilt block for me. Then Ben helped me mark out the pattern onto the wood. Sue helped me figure out where each of the colors should go and then I got to do a lot of taping and a little bit of painting. Over the course of several days I managed to take this piece of primed plywood from white, to colorful quilt block. A fun, easy-to-complete project.

No comments:

Post a Comment