Monday, March 8, 2010

Well, that was interesting

We took the boys to see Sesame Street Live on Sunday afternoon. The boys didn't seem impressed with the size of the arena, or the lights on the stage but did want to eat the snacks we brought with us.


Big Bird said we had to wait 15 minutes for the show to start. Big Bird carried more authority then Ben or I did, that's for sure. When Big Bird said to sit still and wait for the show, the boys listened - at least for a little while.

And then the show started! Levi was completely thrilled. He followed every instruction that was given and told Ben, "I like this daddy, I like this!" Noah's asthma was creeping up on him and he wasn't 100%. He sat and watched but didn't have very many reactions.

I had always wanted to see Sesame Street Live as a child, and now finally as an adult I got my chance. I was actually impressed by the quality of the show. Poor Levi really wanted to give Elmo a high-five.

During the intermission we bought the boys cotton candy. I think it was the cheapest of the outrageously-priced items for sale. It was a hit! A sticky, messy, fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth hit.

Taking our boys to a show like this was an adventure for us. It was interesting...I'm not sure it was totally worth it, but we had fun. We didn't make it through the whole show. The boys were begging (like, non-stop) to "go to the restaurant" so we finally gave in and took off.

No comments:

Post a Comment