Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Weekend in Nebraska

Just after lunch on Friday we loaded up and drove north to Nebraska. I had to represent MCC at the Nebraska Relief Sale and it was the perfect opportunity to visit our friends Brad and Kara!
 We met up at the sale and after I got the MCC table set-up and found out what I was supposed to do, we got to enjoy the evening together. We filled our tummies with soup, bread and pie at dinner and then found New Year's Cookies and Apple Preschke (an apple filled pastry that brings back wonderful memories of my grandmother). The boys spent a ton of money in the kids area and had all sorts of treasures to show for it. Braden even sat down and worked on an MCC word search!
 Ben definitely did a better job of interacting with folks at the sale than I did. He got in a bunch of farm talk with friends of all ages.
 While this isn't the best photo of Levi, I still have to include it. He was set up to give away MCC pins, pens, magnets and brochures. He smiled at people when they walked by, but didn't get very many takers. Eventually, he got frustrated, gave up and ran off...poor guy.
 Little James is a charmer! He's four months old, and happy as can be (when not in super-loud buildings). He was so little and cute!
Saturday evening after the sale was all wrapped up we ventured over to the Janzen shop to check out the farm equipment. The boys were in heaven! Space to run, big green John Deere's all over the place, what wasn't to love?!
 Luke, who just turned three, did his best to keep up with the bigger boys. For the most part, the older boys were willing to make sure he was included in the fun.
 Everywhere I turned there was something green with wheels!
 Luke was proud that he knew how to drive the gator. He told me all about it. He melted my heart over and over again all weekend long.
 The farmers...doing what farmers do...talk about farming...

 These two six year olds gave me their most fierce race faces:
 And then the foot races started: Luke, Braden, Noah and Levi
 The big boys easily beat Luke by at least half a lap, but he didn't care! He jabbered to me the whole time, "I'm almost winning! I'm running so fast! I'm winning!" All while he had already lost the race. Just adorable.
Kara, we'll have to hold on to these photos for when these guys are older. :-) It was a wonderful, whirlwind of a weekend! We're looking forward to hosting the Janzen clan at our new house someday soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love! So wonderful to have you here this weekend! Love all the photos of the boys. We were happy to host you and look forward to doing it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete