Tuesday, April 8, 2014

House Progress

Last week, despite the wind, our house got it's top put on!


 We continue to have a good time venturing over to the house each evening and checking out the progress.
 Poor Harold is more ready than the rest of us to have a staircase built. He paces around the bottom of the ladder waiting for us to come back down.
 Scraps of wood seem to be a tasty chew treat for him, too.
 From the first time I saw this house plan, I was in the love with the fact that you could see from the front door to the back door - a straight shot right through the house.
 John Unruh came out and worked his dirt magic. He created a ditch-type thing for water from the field in our front yard to flow around our house, instead of right at it. He also brought in some dirt and gave the yard a nice grade (like an upside down bowl). It's kinda strange to see this thing come whipping around the corner of your house!
 The garage roof trusses went up after the main house trusses were braced. And yes, at some point, they'll put the top parts of those trusses on - we won't have a flat top garage roof. They also put the floor in for our storage space above the garage.
 And just yesterday, they started putting sheeting up on the roof!
 The construction site continues to be a playground for the boys - after the workers are gone for the day of course.
 My heart skips a beat, my chest tightens up and I simply have to walk away when they start climbing up high.
 It takes my breath away and all three of my guys laugh at me.
 "What mom? We're fine!" They're crazy it what they are, plum crazy.

 I love, love, love to look up at the trusses and see all the lines and the blue sky beyond.

 Soon enough, this roof will have sheeting too...which is wonderful (and practical, I know!)...but I'm going to enjoy these views while they last.

No comments:

Post a Comment