Sunday, April 13, 2014

Time to be outside

Levi, our child who will pick up fully grown chickens, makes this face when holding a baby chick and feeling its little claws on his hands:
Yet, in his defense, just yesterday he held a chick and told me he was used to how their feet felt.  It's hard to believe that in just a few months our tiny little chicks will be clucking ladies. A coyote got another chicken yesterday, now we're down to 16 ladies. Good thing we've got 29 little chicks peeping around in the barn.
 With  nicer weather comes bike riding!
 Going fast is important. Certain shoes makes the boys faster, comparing who can run, ride bike or do pretty much anything faster is a big deal at our house. It's all about speed.
 His mouth does this thing when he's competing or trying to impress.

 Insects aren't my favorite, but it's felt encouraging to see them come out this week to enjoy the sunshine.
 There are just a few tulips around our current house. I love to see them each year, a reminder of the beautiful flowers my grandma used to plant and care for around her house.
 The steers are here for a few more weeks yet - clanking around in the head gates and kicking up dust - I get a kick out of watching them eat.

 Ben and I used to marvel (and giggle) at a kid in church that could lick his nostrils with his tongue. I think of that kid every time I see a cow do it. Ssssllllluuurrp!

No comments:

Post a Comment