Friday, January 3, 2014

My Baby's 6!

I have no idea how this has happened, but my little Levi is six! It's crazy. Super crazy. He's such a six year old. He's growing up in so many ways, but he often shows us that he's still just a little kid. 
His birthday gift from us was a keyboard. He has a love for music and we thought the keyboard would give him new and exciting ways to explore music.

 He requested cupcakes instead of a cake, so I baked and frosted them giving Levi the fun job of loading them with sprinkles. They had LOTS of sprinkles. :-)
 It was a nice day so my three farmers spent some time outside scraping the cow poop away. The boys had a GREAT time (of course, they are boys after all) and proudly showed me how much poop they had all over themselves.
 See....here's the shovel they were using....
 Ok, moving on from poop.....Levi requested a family bowling night so we headed to McPherson to do just that.
 Levi had some pretty good technique going on all by himself,
 that was sometimes quite successful, but often left him feeling frustrated.
 Noah did a pretty good job, too. We only bowl about once a year and it's interesting to see how much they improve (and how poorly I do!!!) each time.
 Eventually, Levi requested to use this fancy ramp:
 Ahhhh....it was highly successful!
We ate dinner out and then came home to watch Despicable Me 2.
Sunday we celebrated Levi's birthday and my birthday with my parents, sister, Miki and Rylee.
And just today, on his first day back at school, Levi took chocolate chip cookies to share with his classmates to celebrate. He asked that Ben and I be there and we were happy to make that happen. When his classmates sang happy birthday to him, Levi blushed like I've never seen him blush. It was pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment