Sunday, January 19, 2014

60 degree Sunday

It's January and it's sunny and 60 degrees outside! That's a wonderful, exciting and unusual event (although this is Kansas and the weather is forgetful and crazy most of the time). The past couple of weekends, the boys have wanted to play outside but the curiosity of Harold makes it difficult. So while the boys played basketball outside, I took Harold for a walk! Lucky me!! 
The cattle are terrified of humans on foot. Get in a tractor and they won't budge, try to walk near them and they RUN. They're just as crazy as the weather. 
 Harold and I walked out back through the pasture, down the dirt road and then back through the pasture. I like to walk the dirt road - it's my favorite, forever and ever.
 The pasture is about three hundred shades of brown in winter, but at least all the grasses and weeds have a variety of texture making it interesting to walk through.
 I looked down to see this little one glowing back up at me.
 Harold loves to go on walks. He stays busy the whole time and gets some good exercise, too.
 I love this road. It's quiet, with creeks and trees, fields and pastures.
 There are a handful of Cottonwood trees along this road and they are my favorites. They're huge and old and strikingly beautiful up against the super-blue sky.
 Hey, look! The cattle were anxiously awaiting our return!
And now....we're back inside....it's about time to get the boys back outside while the sun's still shining!

No comments:

Post a Comment