Monday, January 20, 2014

House Progress

They poured concrete this week! And hopefully there will be more concrete this next week. Concrete takes forever to cure, and then the weather is a factor too. But anyways, we've got a garage floor, a mudroom floor and a safe room/bathroom floor! And a very sandy driveway - sandcastle building may start at any moment.


I know...these photos aren't too exciting....but progress is progress....and that's good news.
Other decisions are starting to be made for the house. I spent a lot of time on Friday with colored pencils and scissors trying to get a better handle on the exterior of our house. 
 I traced the front of the house, made several copies and then colored different colors of trim and shingles. It was somewhat helpful and helped me see a few things more clearly. I did the same sort of thing with garage doors which was very helpful - the one I had been leaning towards looked awful! I've narrowed it down to three, so it's just a matter of sitting Ben down for a discussion to decide what the exterior will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment