Saturday, November 2, 2013

Oct. 31

Halloween was a busy day for me. I signed up to help with Levi's Halloween party in the morning, and Noah's party in the afternoon. I walked into the kindergarten room to find the whole class lined up for pictures. 
 I happily whipped out my camera and snapped a few.  It was quite a fierce looking group! After the photos, they left to do a costume parade through the school. Which meant it was time for me to set up the snack table!
 Apple slices, dip, almond bark dipped pretzels and mini pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I had plenty of food, but was really in awe of how much food those kids ate!
 Here they come!
 Levi was excited, but well behaved. He made eyes at me several times and ate about ten mini muffins.
 After snacks, the kids did crafts and games. It was a whirlwind of activity and then suddenly it was time for the party to end! Poof, just like that!
 A couple hours later, Levi and I returned to the school for Noah's party. The 2nd graders were very excited about Halloween. The 1st-5th graders do a costume parade through the nursing home just down the street. When they returned it was party ON!
 I did the snacks for this party, too - same menu and they ate everything!
Levi was happy to help clean off the spoon from the dip. :-)
 The pace of the 2nd grade party was much different than the kindergarten one. Noah's class ate much faster, were up and around the room, easily distracted. The kindergarten class at least stayed in their seats while they ate!
 I know the kids in Noah's class better than I do the kids in Levi's class and I enjoy interacting with them a lot. They're funny, kind and full of personality. After a craft and games, the school day was over! After that, the boys and I walked over to Bethesda for their annual Halloween Carnival. The boys love it! It gets crazy-full of kids and parents, so this year I mostly just stayed to the side and visited with other parents instead of trying to follow my kids around.
 We ate supper at home and then took off to trick-or-treat in Goessel. This was our first time to hit the sandy streets of Goessel on Halloween and it was actually a ton of fun. I was tired and not looking forward to walking up and down the streets, but the boys were into it, the weather was perfect and it turned out to be a fun evening. We only lasted about an hour - and surprisingly enough - didn't make it to all the houses in town! But, it was dark and Levi was tired and Noah was easily lured home by the promise of getting to see a little bit of Thursday night college football on TV.

I have to admit, at the end of the evening I felt a relief - we could check Halloween off the list. There's always so much anticipation for it, and it's my least favorite holiday. Here we go with November!

No comments:

Post a Comment