Sunday, November 17, 2013

Exploring with the boys

Fence building to contain cattle continues over at my uncle and aunt's farm so while the farmers worked on that, the boys and I went exploring. Their place is beautiful, with a fantastic barn, and creek and pasture for us to check out.
Chucking hedge apples into the creek was a ton of fun for a little while. Then they decided it was time to follow the creek and see what we'd find. 
 It dawned on me that these simple moments are actually incredibly precious times. We knew exactly where we were, but it was also easy to simply forget and feel like we were truly exploring a new place. There will come a time when they don't have time or desire to walk around in a pasture with their mother. I hope that time's a long way down the road, but time really does fly, and it'll be here before I know it.
 It's amazing how much fun we can have just seeing what's around the next bend or following the animal tracks - it's the simple things in life.
We even found a beach! 
 I made good on a promise to the boys (while Ben was away reffing basketball) in the afternoon and took them to the last Bethel football game. The Threshers won! The boys watched a bunch of the game, but also had fun playing football on the grass with new friends. Afterwards, cousin Braden told the boys they could run around on the field so they took full advantage of that opportunity!
 On our way out of the stadium Levi asked me what this stone was, so we got to have a little discussion about threshing stones. Noah told me he'd like to play football at Bethel when he's old enough. Time will tell - but truth be told, I would be perfectly happy if Noah went to Bethel but didn't play football.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment