Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sunday afternoon

Sunday's can turn out to be very long days for us. The boys don't understand what a nap is nor do they think there's any point in relaxing or resting. So while they beg and plead us to play and be outside playing football, we end up getting more and more cranky with them for not allowing us the rest we feel we deserve need. 
So when it worked for our family to head over to my cousin Megan's house so I could snap some 3 year old pictures of this cutie pie:
we jumped at the chance! Levi immediately hopped on the toy Gator and drove all over the place while Noah and Caiden got right down to business - football!
 Chelan even quickly mowed some lines in the grass to make it feel "official" for the boys.

 Delaney was eager to get her picture taken, but quickly got tired of having to follow directions. I think I managed to capture a few decent shots - she's seriously cute!
 I scored an entire flat of tomatoes from Megan! Her tomato plants are literally double the size of mine and she's got the produce to prove it!  I was so excited to freeze these lovely tomatoes. I can't wait until I've finished harvesting tomatoes so I can have a day of canning with them (ten years ago I would not have thought to think about canning tomatoes....my how I've changed).
 Ben and Chelan played football for a while, then escaped to the shade for some farm talk.
 While the rest of us loved on the six adorable puppies that their dog recently had. Speaking of cute!
It made for such a lovely day to visit with family (who truly feel like friends), and then come home for a quiet Sunday evening together.

1 comment:

  1. The Sunday afternoon nap situation is serious - Megan and Vanessa, I am sure, remember how disgruntled we got! trish

    ReplyDelete