Thursday, September 19, 2013

Corn 2013

It's corn harvest time here at the farm. The combine, trucks and farmers are busy, busy, busy.
The farm has been completely surrounded by corn for  months and now it's finally gone!
We were feeling a bit closed in. But like I am constantly reminded of - I LOVE how my surroundings are constantly changing.
Something growing, drying, changing color, changing height, cleared away, started fresh.



Saturday evening was beautiful. The sun had set, making the corn seem even more sunshiny yellow against the dry stalks and dusty driveway.
The evening ended with Noah taking Levi and I out to where the combine was so we could check on their progress. It's odd to me, humbling to me, that he is better at driving the 4-wheeler than I am. He's only 7!
So far harvest is going smoothly. We hope and pray that it continues that way until it's complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment