Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wedding Shower

Late in winter, my cousin Krista asked me if I'd be up for helping her host a wedding shower for our cousin Austin and his fiancee Lindsey at the farm. Sure! I'd love to do that. So we got my mom involved and the three of us started planning. 
In late winter is sounded like a dream to prepare pots of flowers to use as decoration at the shower. Our spring was so slow that my dreamy vision didn't become reality, although meager flowers in pots did happen.
The pots have been in those two red wagons for over a month now, being pulled into the sunlight and out of the wind on a daily basis.
We worked hard to get the yard ready, the barn ready and everything in tip top shape for the shower.
My cousin is crafty and good with a sewing machine - she created two sets of cute bunting (the one below says Austin & Lindsey).

The food was simple but delicious - zwieback, meats, cheeses, veggie and fruit trays and bar cookies for dessert.
We had all the guests participate in one game and then it was time to eat!
Noah and Levi couldn't get enough of Austin and Braden.

Time for gifts!

It was fun to have family and friends at the farm, spending time visiting and catching up. And then, it was over and the clean up began.
We're looking forward to hosting the wedding reception at the farm in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment