Monday, December 10, 2012

In the Jar

I almost didn't blog about this. It seems kind of dumb. But, from a personal perspective it was a big deal and I'm proud of it. For years, literally, I've said, "I'm going to have a garden and can whatever grows." People around me heard this over and over again. Well, this year we did it. We grew a garden! It was wonderful and addicting and fun. The hurt I put on the Squash Bugs that tried to eat my pumpkin vines was nothing short of a daily/weekly massacre.
 Our jars live in a space that seems to have once been a porch, but no one can remember it being a porch. It's dark, but has a window with heavy drapes covering it. Kind of weird, but it works. I had to hold the curtain back with one leg while I snapped these photos. :-) Not all of these items come from our garden. But once you start canning it's hard to stop! The peaches are from Dillons. The pears and cherries (made into jelly) are from my cousin Megan. The cucumbers, tomatoes and green beans were grown outside our back door.

 I think spring will be fun. We'll see if garden number two is as much fun as garden number one was.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Hope you enjoy eating the fruits of your labors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you - now, if you could teach your mom :o)

    ReplyDelete