Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Around the farm

 In general, I like taking pictures.  I like to see the world through my camera and see what I notice that I otherwise wouldn't.  But oddly enough, I took a ten day break from my camera.  I didn't take a single photo for ten days.  That's really odd for me.  I guess I got busy and just didn't take the time to grab the camera.  So, today I decided I'd just carry my camera around with me in that little bit of time between when I get home from work and when we eat supper.  Lucky for me, it was leftover night at our house so I didn't have to worry about cooking.
 Levi was mad because he missed out on a ride a 4-wheeler ride...
And this is Chuckles.  This cat showed up at the farm a few weeks ago and decided to stay.  She had 3 kittens, but within two days they were all gone.  We think she ate them...but maybe something else ate them.  Anyway, now she's just around and friendly as can be.  We need a cat or two around the farm but none of us are cat people.  The boys picked the name Chuckles.



 There's that 4-wheeler ride Levi was hoping for!
 And we have a garden!  So far only the onions are up.  Hopefully, the potatoes will show up this week and just yesterday we planted peas.
 My lettuce is starting to grow...although I was told that it may have gotten sprayed with Round Up this evening on accident....so, we'll see what becomes of it now.
 And, we made a strawberry bed.  We planted twelve plants over the weekend and they seem to be doing pretty well so far.  Hopefully, we'll get some berries next year.
 And the final project - at the moment - is this patio area.  The west side of our house, where the concrete slab is, can be unbearably hot in the summer time.  The ground on this side (or the east side) of our house has an area that is terribly uneven.  So, we thought it'd make the perfect spot for a patio.  We'll get that uneven spot fixed and have a shaded area to hang out on.  Granted we're not going for a fancy patio here - since we don't plan on living here for THAT long - it'll just be a low-key, shady patio.  Now we wait for that Round Up to kill off the grass...

2 comments:

  1. As the mother of my grandchildren you are not allowed to live without your camera in hand at all times. ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

    ReplyDelete