Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday morning

It was another beautiful morning on the farm.  Had Ben been home to watch the boys, I would have taken off on a long walk with Axle.  But, since he was off hunting for a deer I stayed much closer to home. 
Little 570 lives in the calf hutch nearest our house, isn't she cute? 
 Burning our trash might be one task that seems pretty simple, but is the one that makes me think and question more than any other.  All those bits of our life, gone - just like that.  The paper could have been recycled, but is it worth recycling something when it can be reduced to ashes in a couple seconds?  I'm 100% for recycling, but it seems to me (and I have no science to support this) that my carbon footprint would be larger if we did recycle the paper and cardboard.  I don't know.  I do know that anything that can be recycled beyond paper products does get recycled around here.  It's amazing to watch trash burn.  Even a little fire of castaways has a way of making me feel small.
 The hauling of poop was already underway when the boys and I got ourselves outside this morning.  
 Yes, the boys spent every moment they could being involved in this.  Nobody fell in that poop pool today, thank the good Lord!  But the smelly clothes just kept on coming. The washing machine has certainly earned its keep around here this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment