Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Table

The annual ladies Christmas brunch was this past Saturday at church. This year, the planning committee asked for volunteers to decorate the tables. So, against my better judgment, my mom and I signed up for a table together. I knew that I would NEED to put a lot of energy into this table and I knew that I would take it too far, or at least I would want to take it too far. Well, then my reality set in and although I did a lot of thinking and imagining what the table would look like, it wasn't until we actually set it up the day before the brunch that we found out what the finished product would look like. It was nice - not as great as I had imagined, but mom and I had fun working on it together. The other tables were gorgeous, so much creativity and energy and such unique designs and interesting china patterns. It was a wonderful morning and finally got me in the mood for Christmas.


We used my Harlequin dishes, which set a colorful, retro theme. I apologize for some of the fuzziness on these photos...





Oh how I love, love, love these little circle mirrors! They make me smile...and now they're on my fireplace mantel.

No comments:

Post a Comment